Why should supporters of Haiti support ESPWA?
- To help Haitian communities and Haiti’s leaders lead the way. Since its launching, ESPWA community organizing and community development efforts have systematically included representation from all sectors and all classes of Haitian society-an unprecedented achievement. No other organization working for Haiti listens to the residents of the areas in which it works–and makes their priorities its own priorities–the way that ESPWA does.
- To attract international and local support for Haiti-led economic development. ESPWA has helped make the case to local and international funders and stakeholders for the need for a long-term investment in Haiti’s development in tandem with local leadership.
- To build Haiti’s resources for the future. ESPWA strengthens the network of non-governmental organizations in Haiti and helps to stimulate the growth of Haiti’s philanthropic sector, both in Haiti and in the diaspora.
Establishing a Community Foundation is hard work and is our highest priority. We have been doing it so far with mostly volunteer labor and limited funding in a Haiti’s challenging development context where communities and their leaders have been traditionally excluded from the decision-making process. Our efforts have required endurance, commitment and faith in the “Haiti that can be”. They have also required a massive mobilization.
Much work has been done, but there is so much more yet to be done. We invite you to become a partner. Consider the following partnership opportunities.
- We have secured an office for the Haiti Community Foundation. ESPWA is in need of donated space in Port-au-Prince and can benefit from the gift of office equipment, supplies, etc.
- The development of a data base.
- Event’s planning
- Fundraising research
- Graphic design
- Translation (French, Creole and English).
Haiti’s roads are difficult. We need a solid all-terrain vehicle in the Grand ‘Anse region which is our Pilot Region.
Join our team of volunteers on the ground in Haiti to help organizing and run our projects and events. ESPWA depends on enthusiastic volunteer support, commitment and faith in the Haiti that can be.